Facebook Twitter Pinterest
About UsPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Oh Bananas!

In my hunt to become a domestic goddess, I've found I'm too poor to buy everything i want to make. This discovery has me searching for every way to be frugal....and accept every handout I get. So....when my sister handed me a CASE of bananas to take home, of corse I said yes!
There are a lot of bananas in a case... so I'm sure this has you asking at least two questions: 1 where did she get them from? And 2: what did you do with them all?
1: My brother-in-law worked a bike race over the weekend, and brought 4 cases home...so they had bananas coming out their ears!
2: Of course I made a delicious treat FROZEN CHOCOLATE COVERED BANANAS. (you thought I was going to say banana bread didn't you...and believe me, I probably still will.)
Anyways... 65 bananas on skewars later I've learned a few things.

First I peeled all of bananas, placed them on skewers, laid them on waxed paper and flash froze them.

 
I cut the chocolate into squares and chopped some peanuts.

Then, I melted chocolate in a double boiler, with a little bit of oil.

(here's the learning part)
My first batch I tried to dip the bananas in an old big gulp cup that i had filled with the chocolate. Not exactly what I had imagined. Because the bananas were frozen, the chocolate set up super fast and i couldn't get the nuts on.
The second attempt went a little better. I left the chocolate in the pan and scooped it onto the banana with a spoon. It still set up fast, but they look a lot better!


Another thing I learned was i had to re-freeze them after i dipped them.some of them melted.
Now all we need to do is enjoy them! Yum!





No comments:

Post a Comment