Facebook Twitter Pinterest
About UsPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Eggplant Parmesan


The weather is already getting cold... Freezing temperatures mean it's the end of our garden. We had a lot of success this year, thanks to my parents. I have the best timing when it comes to having my kids, so my parents bought us starter plants, and my dad planted them for us. We've had zucchini and tomatoes coming out of our ears. We also did peppers this year both green and jalapeƱos. Nola's favorite part of the day is going out to the garden and seeing if she can carry it all back to the house.
Don't worry, some of the zucchini has been as big as her! (You have to have at least one monster.)

While we've benefited from our garden, we've also been lucky to be the recipients of some of my parents harvest too. They have a HUGE garden this year. They've planted spaghetti squash, beets, green beans, pumpkins, carrots, and eggplant just to name a few.


So I was really excited to get some eggplant from our last trip "home". Of course I had to make eggplant Parmesan! YUM!

First I pealed and cut the eggplant into rings about 1/2 inch thick.


Then I coated them in an egg wash and bread crumbs, and fried them until lightly brown in a little bit of oil.
Then I put a little bit of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a greased 10x10 pan and layered the eggplant inside. Then I topped with shredded motzerella cheese, and repeated.

I then baked it at 350 for about 30 minutes, or until all the cheese was melted and bubbly! I served it with spaghetti (of course) and a green salad.

I received raved reviews! Both my husband and Nola slurped it right up! 

I hope you can enjoy your garden as much as we have!
Enjoy! 












1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm . . . I wish we could have tasted it, since we grew the Eggplant. I'll have to give your recipe a try. I'm sure Dad would LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete